Dr. Justin Bartlett is a Jupiter and Palm Beach Gardens Chiropractor primarily utilizing Applied Kinesiology, AK, to diagnose, assess, and determine the best treatment avenue based on each individual patient’s needs and goals. Our goal at Active Living Chiropractic is to help you reach your health goals and get you back to doing what you want to do the most, while feeling the best you've ever felt.
Applied Kinesiology in the Chiropractic profession has modernized ancient Chinese medicine, utilizing what Eastern Medicine has known for thousands of years, and gives the practitioner the tools to assess where the problems lie. AK uses manual muscle testing to determine weaknesses or stress in the body. When these weaknesses or stresses are found in the body, AK helps to determine the path of treatment needed for that specific patient. Treatment protocols can vary and can include a spinal chiropractic adjustment, muscle therapies, nutritional and dietary procedures, reflex stimulation, cranial therapies, emotional treatments, or evaluating environmental toxins and the need to remove them from the patient’s everyday life.
When it comes to the body, it is always working to move towards normal function (homeostasis). The Chiropractic adjustment helps to normalize the nervous system, muscle function, and signals to your organs and glands. When you combine Chiropractic adjustments and Applied Kinesiology’s diagnostics, nutritional protocols, and reflex associations, the body will begin to move towards optimal function. When the nervous system is freed up and the body is getting the proper nutrients to facilitate the healing process, the body can make profound physiological changes, on a cellular level, both in the short term and the long term. A healthy, properly functioning nervous system can take back your health, ease your pain, increase your flexibility, increase blood flow to your muscles and organs, and allow your entire body to perform optimally.
We listen to each patient, their stories, their struggles, and move forward towards their health goals. We have dealt with patients with acute and chronic issues, metabolic disorders, digestive problems, immune system issues, infertility, and pain throughout the body. What ails the patient is specific to that patient. Dr. Bartlett understands this, which is why he is always looking to expand his knowledge and treatment techniques through seminars, webinars, and online courses.
Dr. Justin Bartlett utilizes:
- Diversified – One of the most common practices of adjusting the joints. This includes the neck, upper back, mid back, low back, pelvis, hips, knees, ankles, feet, shoulders, elbows, wrists, and hands. Using this adjusting technique is how he likes to help balance and normalize the nervous system.
- Applied Kinesiology – He uses this to diagnose and know the best way to treat an area under stress. This is better described above.
- MRT Food Sensitivity Testing – If you are struggling with chronic inflammation, intestinal problems (IBS, Crohn’s, Colitis, etc.), and are having a tough time losing weight, it could be due to a food sensitivity problem. By identifying the foods that your body does not like, we can help you eliminate those foods and get you on a proper diet to reduce the inflammation, GI upsets, and weight loss problems you may have been struggling with all your life.
- Nutrition – Dr. Bartlett knows that if the brain, muscles, ligaments, glands, and organs are not getting the proper nutrients, healing will be hindered and the body will not be able to function like it is supposed to. With each patient being different, he uses multiple supplement companies, including: Metagenics, Biotics Research, Standard Process, Xymogen, Chiro-zyme (aka Enzyme Formulations), Nutri-west, Thorne, Energique, and a few others. He has found that not every body works the same, just like not every supplement works the same or has the correct nutrient balance for that patient, so the nutrition protocol is created uniquely for each individual patient based on their body’s needs. If you’ve been taking a supplement and it hasn’t been working the way it is supposed to, it could be that you need a different form of the nutrient or different concentrations. If the patient has hormone imbalances, nutritional deficiencies can be the cause of these (as well as food sensitivities listed above) and can be corrected by taking the proper nutrients.
There are some techniques he does not utilize often but depending on the patient’s needs, he can and will utilize:
- Myofascial Release – When you injure a muscle, you likely also injured the “coating” around it called the fascia. This is a fibrous tissue and rarely heals on its own without outside help. Using AK, Dr. Bartlett can diagnose whether you need this done on a specific muscle or not. More specifically named in AK, it is called a Fascial Flush. When the fascia is normalized, the muscle can then normalize its function and function on a more optimal level. If extensive fascial work is needed, he will refer to a massage therapist that can help.
- Activator – While this is not Dr. Bartlett’s primary technique, he recognizes that there are patients out there that do not like the “cracking” sound or the movement involved with “cracking”. The Activator is a small tool that is used to put a quick impulse into the joint, in a specific direction, causing it to move ever so slightly in the correct vector without the need for a joint “cracking”.
- Acupuncture – Acupuncture is the practice of normalize energy through meridians in the body. Through AK, Dr. Bartlett can see if energy is imbalanced and will utilize Acupressure (non-needle meridian technique), with slight pressure, activating the proper energy flow. If someone needs extensive energy/meridian work, he likes to refer to an expert Acupuncturist to give the patient a proper meridian work up.
If you have any health struggles, would like someone to sit down and listen to your story, and give you answers no one else has been able to give you yet, please give us a call to schedule your first appointment to begin your journey to a healthier you. (561) 625-5422